Friday, November 2, 2007

Planning for November

I know I need to reign spending in somewhat, but I’m already off to a bad start. I signed up for internet service on Tuesday. That will increase my monthly bills dramatically, but it counts as an educational expense so my scholarship will cover it. Tonight I splurged and spent nearly $11 on rabbit ears for watching broadcast television on my computer. It’s a waste of time and money, but sometimes brainless entertainment is nice.

Utilities will likely go up in November since I’ll have to turn on the heater before too much longer. If I can figure out what to get him, I’ll buy my brother’s Christmas gift sometime this month. A carefully planned splurge may be necessary this month as well to prevent the temptation to waste even more money.

Buying clothes holds very little appeal to me, but pajamas are another story. I have plenty, but if I let myself I’d buy more at least a couple of times a year. I’m toying with the idea of buying this nightgown. It caught my eye a couple of months ago, but I resisted and reminded myself I didn’t need it. Now there’s a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. An occasional indulgence in something utterly frivolous and unnecessary sounds like the perfect way to spend a minor windfall.

No comments: