Monday, December 3, 2007

$709.86

I have $709.86 in consumer debt, and it has me a little worried. About $600 of that is for school stuff for which I'll get reimbursed; I really ought to go submit my receipts tomorrow. The rest seems high, but it's really normal, planned spending. If I'm going to have to use a stamp to mail in a payment either way, I might as well charge things rather than write a check so I can get some minuscule fraction of a percent back. The spending all gets recorded in PearBudget and impacts my planning the same way regardless of whether I use cash, check, or credit. Still, even though I knew that I had charged around seven hundred dollars worth of stuff, seeing that number freaks me out a bit. Even though I know that these were all budgeted expenses, having that much debt makes me feel like I'm teetering on the brink of ruin.

No comments: