Thursday, November 6, 2008

I've got to try to be extra good this month.

It's only been two days since payday, and I'm already feeling the budget crunch. My brother's birthday is next week and I haven't ordered his gift yet. Thanksgiving means travel home, which means a couple of tanks of gas, though gas prices hovering just above two dollars a gallon have given me new hope that the trip won't have the same budgetary impact it had in August. Going home also means I'll be in a city with interesting things to blow money on, and I know that I probably won't be able to resist the temptations of Thai food, my favorite used book store, or a movie theater that's less than an hour and a half away.

This should all be manageable on one paycheck, but not if I succumb to my frivolous whims in the meantime. I keep going to the Supercenter for groceries and then thinking, "Ooh, makeup! Ooh, scented candles. Ooh, overpriced but delicious cookies!" Not good, not good at all. Any one item wouldn't make a big dent, but if I let myself start to slip, there will be nothing left at the end of the month.

No comments: