Sunday, July 27, 2008

Leaving on a jetplane.

My time in Houston has drawn to a close. If my flights aren't delayed, I should be in the air somewhere between Dallas and Memphis when this is posted. I'll probably be grumbling to myself about having to pay fifteen bucks to check a bag. Some corps members are planning to fuss at the regional office about that in the hopes that they'll reimburse us. (I probably could have managed to somehow fit six days worth of professional attire into my carry on bag, but when you're required to bring your own sheets, towel, and pillow as well as textbooks packing light becomes a bit trickier.)

I'll be without internet for the next couple of days before I head home Tuesday night to see my family and figure out how to transport my stuff. Rest assured, I have plenty of fun activities planned to fill the void left by being unable to blog, namely possibly spending all of Monday waiting for the gas company (They've said I can expect the technician to show up sometime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. but also stated, "Please note that, on very rare occasions, our technician may arrive after 5 p.m., but no later than midnight.") and filling out employment papers and such at the district office Tuesday afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Physics major, eh? Good for you... I know I couldn't do it. I barely got through introductory physics in college. Interesting stuff but not for me!

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog.

Keep up the good posts!

E.C. said...

Hi Trevor,
Thanks for your kind words. Why do people always respond that way when they ask my major and I tell them my degree is in physics?