Thursday, October 18, 2007

Never pay full price for maxi pads again!

Sending away for free samples can really help you stretch your budget. I know it's dorky, but I also really like getting things in the mail. The samples are generally small so that alone won't make much of an impact on your spending, but since they often send coupons along with the samples, you can cut your costs on things you'd buy anyway by checking whether the manufacturer's website offers samples or printable coupons.

In the past month, I've gotten free samples of feminine hygiene products in the mail twice, once by going to the manufacturer's website and once from the free sample section at Wal-Mart's website (just type "free samples" into the search box on their main page). Now I have two $1 off coupons for my preferred brand that are good until June of next year so I can wait for a sale and then stock up. I take a similar approach to toothpaste, deodorant, soap, and other non-perishables.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I agree! I send in for all of the free samples, and I post them on both of my blogs when I find them - sort of a "share the wealth"!

Alizo Writero said...

Thanks for posting this info. I just to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
Regards: Cherish Sanitary Napkins